- What did you have for dinner last night? Mingling
- Where did you go at 8 last night? Mingling
- Think of a question. Mingling
- What was the last movie you saw? Mingling
- Words ending in ‘er’.
- Words with 5 letters.
- Find someone who
- Personalised questions – Who is Marco’s favourite.
- Yes/No game.
10. True or false. – Everyone went to bed before midnight last night.
11. How many people…..
12. Tell which is a truth or lie
14. Anagram revision
15. In a line race
16. Name (4) (5) (6) (7)… animals, colours, countries.
17. What’s your favourite (animal) – Mingling
18. Words beginning and ending with the same letter eg. Bulb.
19. Ask questions about the weekend / last night / last holiday and say nothing to 1st question + then answer first question when they ask 2nd. Difficult!
20. Ask students to talk about topic of the lesson + students have to guess the topic. When they guess they join in conversation.
21. Backs to the board.
22. Buzzer game vocab revision.
23. What’s the highlight of the weekend? Who had the best weekend- Mingle.
24. Walk around the room like
25. Come to the board and put words under different stress patterns
26. Words beginning with dr, ba.
27. Students sets of phrases/expressions + students grab one + mime it to their group. Keep it when they guess and do the next one.
28. Tongue twisters – who can say them the fastest?
29. Draw you weekend – students mingle + guess what they did.
Jo, Caroline and Will
Spelling race – with words from topic
Images – what can you see
Big bits of paper – write down everything you know about a topic
Hangman to get topic word then 3 things you know about it
2 true 1 false about topic
Have a chat – feed in the topic
Short video/song to set up the topic
Lots of mini whilteboard activities (see TD session on website)
Choose 5 bits of lexis from the today that you’ll use again and tell you partner
Set up tomorrow – linking lessons themes etc
Sentence builder – sts say 1 word each and build sentence
Activate metacognitive knowledge